IOGAWV’S FALL SAFETY SEMINAR
DATE TIME: Thursday & Friday, Oct 24-25, 2019 | LOCATION: Stonewall Resort & Jackson’s Mill
* Register online via the form below or click here to download a registration form.
* For additional information call Lori Miller Smith, (304)344-9867.
* Fee: $25 per person for Thursday Evening Social, $50 per person for Friday Seminar
Register now to attend a Condensate/Natural Gas Liquids & Fire Safety hands-on seminar Oct. 24-25, 2019, at Stonewall Resort in Roanoke, W. Va., and the WVU Fire Academy in Jackson’s Mill. This seminar is sponsored by IOGAWV, WVONGA and the WVU Safety Extension.
A block of rooms has been reserved at Stonewall Resort on Oct. 24. There will be a social event featuring a special boat ride that evening including light hors d’oeuvres. Beverages will be available.
This course is designed to familiarize employees with the dangers associated with working with and/or handling hydrocarbon condensate or natural gas liquids (NGL).
This course is applicable and informative to workers, supervisors, managers or anyone who would like to gain a basic understanding of NGLs and hydrocarbon condensate along with their respective hazards.
Topics covered include:
- Identify the potential hazards and hazardous conditions;
- Discuss methods to control the hazards and hazardous conditions; and
- Review general safe work practices.
- 8:00- 9:00 am – Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00-11 am – Condensate Handling lecture Wayne Vanderhoof
- 11:00-11:30 am – Fire Safety lecture WVU Fire Academy staff
- 11:30 am-12:30 pm – Lunch with keynote speaker from State Fire Marshal’s office
- 12:30-3:00 pm – Hands-on Fire Training (H.O.T.) and demonstration